Monday, April 20, 2009

so, i did it.

My only goals were to run the whole thing and to not fall down. Check and check. I wasn't the fastest or the slowest. I came in somewhere in the middle of the pack, and I couldn't be happier about it. I loved having Matt and Maddy at the finish line waiting for me.


I don't know if I'll do 10K or a half-marathon or even another 5K at this point, but I like the way I feel when I run. It's my selfish time to recharge -- no cell phone or laundry or baby or husband to worry about for those few miles. I can just focus on my music and whatever thoughts happen to bounce around my head. I love knowing that I can run farther than I could a month ago. I love logging my runs and seeing how I've progressed and my total mileage. I love knowing that I'm doing something to improve myself. I love knowing that I'm closer to my goal of being able to grab Maddy and physically run away if I feel like we're in danger. I don't consider myself a 'runner' and maybe I never will, but I think I'll keep it up.

11 comments:

mel said...

Woohoo! You're amazing! And, the fact that you ran the whole thing makes you a runner.

JSL, ABE&H said...

Congrats, you have accomplished my dream...I will live through you until I can actually do it myself. Thats freakin awesome

jenhatch said...

I'm proud of you do!

You're inspiring me to put down the frozen Mel's award winning chocolate chip cookie balls I've been snorking lately and go run myself. Almost.

Starla said...

That is so fantastic! I guess we will all just have to call you super mom from now on. I can't even run a mile....

Ashley said...

Your awsome!! good job

Lisa M said...

Great job Mandy! So impressive!

Leslie said...

Yeah!! Congrats!

Carrie said...

Well done! I hope you feel as fabulous as you look.

-and I love that happy baby by your side.

Season said...

Way to go! You must feel so awesome that you did that. I would consider you a runner!

Aim said...

Congrats Mandy--I'm so impressed with your self-motivation-ness. Great job!

January said...

That's my girl!